Personal Injury Baton Rouge Louisiana
As a guest at someone’s home or on a business property, you expect that you are safe and free from harm. What happens, though, if there is a dangerous hazard on the premises and you suffer an injury because of it?
Unfortunately, this happens more often than you think. Our Baton Rouge LA premises liability attorneys at Hallack Law Office are here to help you understand these cases, why you should hire a lawyer, and what our firm can do for you.
Premises Liability Cases
Premises liability cases occur when someone suffers an injury on another person’s property. However, this does not include trespassers who are on the premises illegally. Only those who are visiting and have been invited can file legal action if the property owner was negligent in caring for the grounds.
Some of the most common types of premises liability cases involve:
- Slip and fall accidents on slick surfaces
- Broken handrails leading to a fall from a high area
- Torn carpet or floorboards resulting in a trip and fall
- Raised cement on a sidewalk leading to a trip and fall
Why it’s Important to Have Legal Representation
You should know that in order to prove premises liability cases, you must show the following:
- The danger existed on the premises
- The property owner knew of the danger
- The property owner failed to repair the problem or safeguard visitors from the danger
- The injuries you sustained resulted from the danger on the property
At Hallack Law Office, we have the experience necessary to help you build a strong case and hold the property owner accountable for his or her actions. We’ll help you pursue the compensation you need moving forward.
Call our Baton Rouge LA premises liability attorneys to discuss your potential case with our team. We’ll be here to fight for you.